Business Owners, Business Managers, Wellness Committee Members & Human Resource Professionals!
Peachy Fitness offers Corporate classes that includes Yoga & Zumba to corporate offices in Ann Arbor! Across the nation, more and more companies are recognizing the value of offering Yoga and Zumba classes at work to their employees, as part of their stress reduction and corporate wellness programs.
According to Yoga Journal, such companies include Chase Manhattan Bank, Forbes, HBO, GE, Wall Street brokerage firms, and dozens of Fortune 500’s like Nike, Apple, Harpo, Motorola, Google, Forbes, and General Motors.
Yoga in the work place makes it easy for employees to join in and eliminates travel times to and from a yoga studio. Corporate yoga promotes self care and stress relieving techniques during the workday.
Why Yoga in the workplace?
The evidence shows that when yoga is practiced at work, the physical, emotional and mental tension reducing techniques are immediately transferred to the workplace. Employees will experience an increase in their ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations and have greater energy and enthusiasm for their work. With healthy practices in the workplace, you increase productivity, decrease employee benefit costs, and increase your desirability to potential employees.
Employees come together as a group for a 45 -60 minutes of yoga practice in the office, once a week or more. Yoga at work is a convenient and cost effective way to fit a healthy practice into the workday.
Lead by example. A company committed to the health and safety of their staff understands that it’s good business to invest in the wellness of its employees.
Corporate fitness sessions allow employees a pause to rejuvenate and refresh, whether it’s during, or after their workday.
Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and fitness programs to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums.
According to a recent study on worksite health programs, corporations realized $3-$6 in savings for every $1 invested in wellness programs.
The same study showed more than a 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed programs (American Journal of Health Promotion).
Benefits of Yoga in the Workplace:
- Reduces stress and therefore reduces the cost of stress-related illnesses
- Improves the employees decision-making skills and ability to mulit-task
- Encourages balanced energy and vitality throughout the work shift
- Aids in healing work- and stress-related physical issues, such as back and neck pain, carpal tunnel, aching joints, muscle tightness, headaches, and fatigue
- Relieves head, neck and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure and work-related injuries from repetitive motion and/or lifting and moving objects
- Builds team spirit and community by bringing people together in a peaceful, stress reducing, and encouraging environment
- Creates better customer service through a compassionate perspective
- Enhances employee attitude and outlook by lowering stress levels
- Promotes well-being in the workplace and reduces employee turnover by lowering stress levels as well and increasing communication
Do Our Employees Need to Have Yoga Experience to Participate?
Not at all! Yoga classes are suitable for all levels and custom designed to meet the needs of your employees. All shapes and sizes of students are welcome, regardless of fitness or flexibility level. I offer a safe and detailed approach to all postures with attention given to body ailments commonly experienced at work.
How Does Yoga Work for your employees?
An open floor room is required where employees can attend a yoga class. No previous yoga experience is necessary, and all levels are welcome.
Peachy Fitness licensed instructors can tailor yoga classes that are truly effective for stressed out desk-bound employees. Our instructors work with each company to develop a class that meets the needs of any group size or ability level. Sessions may include gentle stretching and movement, flowing asana practice, relaxation and meditation, and breathing exercises.
How Does it Work?
Students can bring their own yoga mats and other props. Corporate yoga sessions can be scheduled before work, at lunchtime, late afternoon, or after work. Classes are usually 45mins to one hour and meet one to four times per week, and the duration of sessions are flexible. Whatever is most convenient for your staff members and company budget.
Why Zumba in the workplace?
Reduce staff stress, increase staff happiness
Yes we know! It’s sometimes hard to find time to fit exercise into a busy work schedule. We know it can be a challenge to find somewhere fun and convenient to workout too. So why don’t we come to you! If you have the will and the available space then we definitely have the way.
So what are the benefits of bringing our Latin-inspired dance fitness moves to the workplace?
- healthy and happy employees
- more cooperation between coworkers and team building
- fitter employees, so, less time off work and reduced healthcare costs
- boost in energy levels and productivity
- better time management and sharper mental focus
- creates a positive working environment
Corporate/Group Class Rates:
6 minimum students needed
10, 12 or 15 class series, 6 month or annual contracts available. Please call to discuss pricing.
It is requested that you let your employees know what is available through a quarterly announcement e-mail to all employees. This e-mail can be included in your company newsletter or communications.
Companies have chosen one of three options in hosting Yoga or Zumba classes:
- Full subsidy: Employer offers the classes free of charge to the employee.
- Partial subsidy: Class fees are shared by employee and employer.
- Hosting: Employer offers a space in the office for the class time and employees individually pay for classes.
How Can We Book Classes?
Please contact me and letting me know the type of business conducted in your workplace and the goals you are hoping to achieve.
Contact info at Peachy Fitness
Zaini Lateef: 734-681-0477